Comment made by: jafingerhut
OK, I went a bit intense on writing a program to check whether my :added annotations had the correct version, and wrote some code that checked all public vars, or at least the ones that the public-vars-with-docstrings-have-added deftest does, to see in which released versions of Clojure they successfully resolve, and which they do not (or their namespace didn't even exist in that version of Clojure yet).
All of the :added metadata in patch clj-2519-v2.patch is confirmed to have the correct version number using that program.
I found 24 public vars that may not have the correct :added version number, but they are all cases where the :added version is "1.3" or earlier, and the corrected one would also be "1.3" or earlier. Is there any interest in correcting any of those?
Examples: All of these vars have :added "1.0", but that was probably copied from the implementation of the similarly named function without the "-int" suffix in the name. The "-int" suffix named ones were actually added in Clojure 1.3:
For inc and inc', when inc' was first added way back before Clojure 1.2, inc had :added "1.0" and inc' had added "1.2", which was correct. Some time before 1.3 was released, the names were swapped on those two function definitions, but the :added values stayed with the implementation body of the function, and ever since then we have inc with :added "1.2" and inc' with :added "1.0". Similarly for other functions with the single quote at the end of their names, I believe.